Gray Matters Inc. (GMI) is a disruptive technology company that is looking for talented, motivated individuals to help us grow. Our purpose-built, enterprise-grade blockchain platform, Maverix®, is changing how companies view, manage and protect their assets in very complex and challenging supply chains.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Architect / Manager with proficiency in blockchain technology. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven individual with a deep understanding of various technologies and the ability to architect and design innovative solutions.
- Execute integration and build application integrations using REST web services.
- Provide technical design guidance to align with strategy and applicable technical standards, collaborating with other Architects and Developers.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies and novel approaches to make recommendations to enhance business processes and create a competitive advantage.
- Supervise and establish delivery of project initiatives.
- Participate in application solutions planning and architectural design, development, resolution of technical issues, and application rationalization.
- Display initiative and demonstrate the ability to lead others.
- Provide coaching and technical mentoring.
- Learn rapidly and continuously, taking advantage of new technologies, concepts, and business models.
- Provide design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure high-quality code by adhering to best practices and industry standards.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior team members.
- Must be a full U.S. citizen.
- Tech Architect/Manager with over 10 years of experience in the technology sector.
- Proficiency in blockchain and blockchain architecture design, specifically in Hyperledger.
- Extensive experience in designing, building, and deploying cloud-centric solutions on AWS (required), Azure, and GCP (desirable).
- Proficiency in using Containers & Orchestration, including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, Azure DevOps), and continuous integration/continuous deployment tools (e.g., Git, Jenkins, TFS, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradle, Ant). Knowledge about DevOps is a plus.
- Experience in building application integrations using REST web services.
- Understanding of Design Styles, Patterns, and Methodologies such as MVC, SOA, Microservice, SPA, MVC/MVP & 12Factor.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., CouchDB, Cloud Datastore, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.).
- Proficient in API management (mandatory: AWS, desirable: Azure API Management, Google Cloud Endpoints).
- Understanding of Enterprise Application Integration and Identity Management (IdAM), (oAuth2).
- Experience with unit testing tools (Jest, Mocha, Cucumber, nUnit, MOQ).
- Strong business and domain acumen to interpret and translate architecture plans to business plans.
- Ability to work independently and make strategic decisions that address specific technology design needs.
- Demonstrated ability to stay current in emerging technology trends.
- Participation in code reviews and adherence to best practices and industry standards is required.
- Technical leadership skills and experience in mentoring junior team members.
- Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field. Advanced degrees or certifications (e.g., Master’s, MBA, Ph.D., or relevant certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect) are a plus.
Other Key Details
Gray Matters is a small high-tech product firm with a bunch of self-starters who thrive in an environment where the path has not yet been paved. We love to innovate and collaborate and are never content until we get it right. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we are very serious about the work we do. Integrity is very important to us, and we will never abandon a promise or commitment. We want to be the best in the marketplace and are always looking for talented, driven individuals to help us achieve this goal. Our benefits include:
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid work location possible
- Little hierarchy and the ability to work with colleagues at all levels and across disciplines
- An opportunity to get into a growing company on the ground floor
About Gray Matters
Gray Matters Inc. (GMI) is a technology start-up focused on delivering SaaS-based supply chain management solutions that are powered by blockchain, to federal and commercial customers. Initially developed to secure a complex international supply chain for a global U.S. Government national security organization, the Maverix® platform is unmatched in the industry for its ease of use, end-to-end visibility, blockchain-enabled data transparency and integrity, and high level of security, including post-quantum resistant encryption.